Friday, September 26, 2014

Welcome Autumn!


Fall is definitely my favorite season - the vibrant colors on the trees... the crisp feeling in the air... the quiet after a busy summer... all things I look forward to in October. And, even though I quilt year round, this time of the year I just seem to immerse myself in the colors and textures I love the most - deep browns, greens and golds. I find myself planning projects with more traditional blocks and settings. Of course, it also helps that pumpkin spice lattes return to my favorite coffee shop :-)

One of (the many) projects I'm working on is definitely traditional... Threads of Time is a gorgeous scrappy quilt with 9 different blocks surrounded by Flying Geese sashing. Love the colors and the fabric designs.

 

When I compare this quilt to one of my summer projects, J'aime Paris, I can definitely see a return to tradition!

So, I'm ready to say goodbye to summer and wrap my arms around Autumn. What about you? Are you ready for Autumn chills? What projects do you turn to at the end of Summer?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment